May 13 2010

Sunflowers For Michael Program

Seven @ 8:15 pm

NOTICE something new?  See the ‘Sunflowers for Michael Updates!‘ tab for the latest on this new program!

SunflowersForMichaelUpdateBelow is a message from Lisa-Marie Presley on May 12th, 2010. She shares that Michael loved Sunflowers. And that when last she visited him at Forest Lawn, there was too much open space around him where he rests.

If those who love Michael would like to participate in a group effort to keep Michael showered in sunflowers, here is your chance!

Lisa-Marie says:

Greetings MJ Fans….

While visiting him a few days ago at Forest Lawn , Riley and I couldn’t help but notice that , while there are a few bouquets , candles and gifts there is a very large empty space around him and in front of him that could use a whole lot more.

While , I am sure that the staff at The Holy Terrace do their very best to place what is sent and what is placed at the door at his tomb , I thought you might like to know that he would want and deserves more than what is there and I had an idea…….

Some may or may not know this but his favorite flower was the Sunflower.

They made him happy because they looked happy to him , thus, he called them “The Happy Flower”.

When we were married , I would try and fill up rooms with them wherever he was.

I wanted to bring something to place near him that he liked and that wouldn’t die so I brought a large vase of silk sunflowers and placed them near him.

This barely made any kind of dent in the atmosphere so I thought of maybe letting those who care know what the situation is and how we can solve it.

I know how much he loved and appreciated being showered with Gifts and flowers by his fans , I thought if whoever wants to bought just one silk sunflower each and sent it , the whole area around him and in front of him (As well as the two large empty vases that sit on either side of him) could be filled up in no time , which would be much more appropriate than what the current status is right now.

We can all cause a “Sun shower” if you will………..He deserves to be flooded and surrounded , LETS SURROUND HIM!

Lots of Love,

~LMP

Irene at the Forest Lawn flower shop says she will reserve two large vases dedicated just to Michael’s fans and that each will hold 25 fresh sunflowers (50 sunflowers each week) that will be replaced weekly.  In the fall the fresh sunflowers will be replaced with orange sunflowers!

Unfortunately, even though Lisa-Marie suggested them, silk flowers are generally not allowed, according to Irene.

The cost for this automatic fresh-flower replacement process is $200-$250 per week.

To make this program work, we would need 40 people per week to donate $5.00 each, or 160 people to donate $5.00 each per month, based on the $200 per week cost for 50 sunflowers in Michael’s vases.

Michael has millions of loving fans around the world so we should easily be able to do this for him!

Sandy, who has coordinated this project with Irene at Forest Lawn has a confirmed PayPal e-mail address for this effort. You can send your donation for Sunflowers for Michael to: [email protected].

If you’d like, you can leave your name and where you are from in the ’email to recipient’ section in PayPal and Sandy will make sure your name is included with the flowers for that week.

Please be aware that [email protected] is not my PayPal account and is not in any way managed by myself or MJJ-777.com.  It belongs to Sandy and she is handling the transactions with Forest Lawn.

If you have questions regarding your payment, amounts collected, card messages, etc., please email [email protected]

Sandy says:

Any favors I can do for any of the most loyal Michael Jackson fans all over the world just let me know, and I will do it!

Forest Lawn policies are as follows, according to Irene:

We permit placement of fresh flowers, potted plants no larger than eight inches in diameter or one gallon in volume.
Fresh flowers will be removed in approximately five days or as needed.
Ornaments, balloons, spinners, statues, stones, or other items which do not conform to the rules and regulations of the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks are not permitted.
  • We permit placement of fresh flowers, and potted plants no larger than eight inches in diameter or one gallon in volume.
  • Please limit placements to no more than three per interment space.
  • Cut flowers will be removed in approximately five days.
  • Ornaments, borders, fences, planter boxes, balloons, spinners, statues, stones, or other items which do not conform to the rules and regulations of the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks are not permitted. All placements not conforming to these rules will be removed.

Since the facility limits each interment space to only 3 placements, and has very strict policies on other items, the big vase of sunflowers funded by many fans is maybe a good idea.

However, if you’d rather place an individual order for flowers for Michael, you can also order flowers for Michael yourself at Forest Lawn’s Flower Shop. They will create the arrangement and take the arrangement directly into Michael’s resting place for you.

_ _ _

{ My thanks to Sandy and TLS for their immense help with this effort!  -Seven }

106 Responses to “Sunflowers For Michael Program”

1. cynthia says:

Thank u Lisa Marie for rallying the troops around ur idea..Michael deserves to know his fans really want his area decorated with LOVE…Thank u Seven for putting this together..It’s wonderful… God Bless u all.

Thanks for the update and additional information Sandra. Forest Lawn has done many things to accomodate us with this program and I would not want to jeapoardize that either.

It would great if they could source their sunflowers from sunflowerguy – just to give him the business in return for the kindness he showed MJ and MJ’s fans by delivering all those sunflowers – but I’d not want to mess up our deals with FL because they truly have been trying to accomodate, and fans want to know their flowers are getting right into Michael and not left outside.

Seven

3. Iris says:

Michael deserve to be surrounded with flowers and I’m happy to be one of “his sunflowergirls”; LOVE YOU MICHAEL – FOREVERMORE.

Thanks to all the loving fans wich are involved in this wonderful project. Thank you Lisa Marie for you information so that we can act now. Thank you Sandra, Irene and Seven.

Keep Michaeling
    It’s all for *L*o*v*e*

Iris
    Germany

4. Tara says:

Hi,

I would like to be a part of this group. I don’t have a Paypal account so I will need to set one up.

Is there a Facebook group for this?
    Are you for certain that they won’t accept silk sunflowers?

Thanks very much
    Tara-Lynn from Canada

5. Ioana says:

It was wonderful to see the pictures, thank you, Sandra! Thank you, Seven, for this website, it’s amazing! Thank you, Irene, for helping us so much!
    This project is great, thanks to everyone who started it, and everyone contributing! I would like to contribute once a month.

Much love to all,
    Ioana

6. TLS says:

So glad this is working out. The large arrangements were beautiful!

Sandra–can you let us know if you don’t have enough for the week’s arrangement? I’ll donate whenever there’s a need; if you’re ever short, just let me know.

I want the flowers to be there “as long as the rivers flow” because I want the world to remember Michael Jackson. Who else would inspire a never-ending remembrance like this from people all across the globe?

And as long as we remember him, we have a chance to make one people/one world a reality.

Ioana – Thank YOU for your monthly contribution! We’d like to keep this going as long as possible!

Tara-Lynn, the facebook group is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=270999978499&ref=ts (MJJ-777).

There is a ‘Sunflowers for Michael’ facebook group – but that one is NOT affiliated with this effort. It’s a group which is collecting for flowers on June 25th only.

Our effort is to keep fresh sunflowers near Michael from fans all the time.

And yes we’ve been told by FL staff and others that they don’t accept silk flowers. Probably because they would accumulate and have to be tossed since they never ‘wilt’ – and they cause a lot of non-organic waste (bad for environment). But I’m only guessing that’s the reason. I’m willing to bet that’s one of them.

My Dear TLS! You are a jewel in many forms! Thank you! I will make sure Sandy sees your offer so we can keep this going and keep Michael sunshowered for ‘as long as the rivers flow’.

8. earthgirl says:

TLS – Yes! That is too gracious of you. I hope it never comes to that, but I’m all too willing also;-) And your right, nobody has and nobody ever will inspire us like he has. Our hearts are with Michael and his children forever!!

L*O*V*E

Sandy

9. Swaen and Olya Ray says:

We are very happy to send these lovely sunflowers to our beloved Angel!
    Through the sunflowers a part of our Souls will be with Michael forever and ever!
    Thank you very much to make this possible.
    With LOVE, Olya Ray and Swaen

10. toco says:

Thank you very much. I was able to see pictures of sunflowers. I was able to see my name.
    Very beautiful arrangements!!!
    I hope to keep sunflowers around Michael in the future.
    So I would like to contribute.

Thank you very much.
    toco from Japan.

11. Michelle says:

Thank you Sandy, and the people at Forest Lawn who help to make this gift to Michael possible. Thank you to Lisa Marie for letting Michael’s fans know how we are able to pay our respect to Michael in such a beautiful way.

We are sending out a “Major L*O*V*E*” and our voices will be heard. Our voice of love, our voice of hope, our voice of compassion, our voice of justice, our cries of sadness, and our tears of joy for the time we had him.

Let’s keep this gift going for all eternity. We have to keep the sun shining brightly for Michael, because he was our sparkling sun for such a very long time!

WE LOVE YOU MORE!

12. earthgirl says:

Hi fan-mily,

We definitely are family now, thank you everyone for being so kind with your words and thank you notes. It’s so nice to see everyone getting along so well. Because of our love for Michael, we are continuing to see a steady flow of donations for “Sunflowers for Michael” from the world over.

Michelle, I like what you said about keeping the sun shining brightly on Michael. I think this is truly possible because “our” love for Michael will never die. Thank you.

L*O*V*E always,

Sandy

13. Julia Foster says:

I have just made another donation for more flowers for Michael, thank you everyone at MJ777 for giving us all this oppertunity to show Michael how much we love him. This is such a beautiful thing you are doing here I am proud to be a part of it and to share this with all of Michael’s fans, or should I say family!!

Love to you all 🙂
    Julia
    XX

14. Cookie says:

Much as I want Michael to have some flowers, I think the money would be better given to a children’s charity, in Michael’s name. That’s $1000 a month, $12,000 a year!

15. Kathleen J says:

I can only say that I am grateful that I have the opportunity to show Michael and the world how much he was loved. Thank you so much!
    Kathleen

I get your point Cookie.

I’d say this: If you can afford to donate to ONE of these things: Sunflowers for Michael OR a children’s charity – DONATE TO THE CHILDREN’S CHARITY instead!

That would be Michael’s own choice. He’d never put himself before children. bytheway – it’s about $800/month for the sunflowers for Michael, not $1000. 🙂

For anyone who feels as Cookie does – I encourage them to give to charity. Michael would not mind! 🙂

That said, it would still be very sad if his resting place was barren of anything from his loving fan-mily so I think we want to care for that as well.

If you’re looking for a charity that is specifically targeted to carrying on Michael’s legacy, look at ‘Heal the World for Children‘ whom I will be featuring on MJJ-777 very soon! They do GREAT work carrying on Michael’s dreams for children! I have sent money to them and will continue to do so.

For information on other charities Michael supported that you may want to help, look at The Silenced Truth website.

We also want to see if Forest Lawn will source their sunflowers from a grower(s) that donates a portion of their profits to charity – so you MAY be able to help charity and help provide ‘Sunflowers for Michael’ at the same time. That would be great, wouldn’t it? We’ll keep you posted on that.

17. Kathleen J says:

I was just thinking about Michael’s wish to heal the world and here we are, people from every corner of the globe, becoming family because of him. So many lessons we are learning from his L.O.V.E

18. earthgirl says:

To: JANET MIGNONE and Krisztina Varga

We received your donations today through Paypal and wanted to thank the both of you for supporting “Sunflowers for Michael”. I tried emailing back earlier but the emails bounced back. Please let me know you have received this message or how else I can contact you in the future.

With much love,

Sandy

[email protected]

19. Megan Davidson says:

Hi Sandy,
    I just want to start off by saying how gratful and appreciative of you, for what you are doing every week! Thanks also to Lisa Marie Presley for noticing Michael’s grave site was “empty” :'( Lets hope he will always be surrounded with his favorite flowers “Sunflowers”
    I will be sending you money every week. Thanks also to Forest Lawn, Irene, and Seven.
    Michael is sadly missed and loved, and I’m proud to be apart of this great group of Michael fans and family! I love you Michael, R.I.P. My Sweet Angel..xoxo

It’s all for LOVE

Megan Davidson
    Toronto, Canada

20. yui kazu says:

i’m really love michael….i really happy can know this website…^_^

21. Debbie L says:

I just contributed a donation of $10 for Sunflowers for Michael. Thank you so much for doing this for us fans who love him so dearly. May God bless each one of you, and Love to Michael eternally from my heart. Hugs to all.

Debbie Looney

22. Renate Richter says:

Thanks Sandy pleased me that You take care about the Michael gets his sunflowers.
    LG Renate Richter
    Germany

23. BeGodsGlow says:

Thank you so much for arranging this!

♥ L.O.V.E.♥

24. Kim Douglass says:

After reading Lisa Marie’s plea about Michael’s tomb being empty, my heart sunk in my chest. I assumed it would constantly loaded with flowers. I went to the craft store that night and made a big, beautiful sunflower arrangement (not knowing that silk flower were generally not acceptable). I hope Forest Lawn will make an exception and be able to displayed it at leat until the end of the month. I will absolutely take andvantage of the sunflower program being offered. Thank you Forest Lawn for being compassionate to the Michael fans who are not able to visit his resting place….Your services are greatly appreciated. Michael affected so many people in so many ways we need to show our appreciation for all he has given us. With much L.O.V.E.

25. Kim Douglass says:

I love this program…the arrangements are beautiful! I made a donation to the program and will continue to do so in the future. I also have another idea and hope that many people will be on board. On June 25th at 2:26 Pacific Time, I would like to have a worldwide balloon launch for Michael. Pass the word on to other websites. Hopefully there will be balloons floating from around the world. If you participate, feel free to write a message on your balloon. I think Michael will be smiling as he sees all of his messages of LOVE.

26. Kathy Hensley says:

I think this is an awesome idea! I actually ordered sunflowers to be delivered for Michael on the anniversary date and will definitly be donating to keep flowers at Forest Lawn for Michael!!! I also love the balloon idea Kim!! I love you Michael and you are missed so tremendously!! It’s all for L.O.V.E….

In lieu of balloons – which are very polluting and which get caught in the beaks and stomachs of birds and other animals who mistake them for food, there are two other campaigns on Facebook to release doves and butterflies instead.

I HIGHLY recommend either of those instead of the balloons. MJ cared about the planet and we should too!

Here’s the group that is releasing Doves:

I can’t find the one doing the butterflies at the moment but if anyone else knows of it on Facebook please post!

28. Kathy Hensley says:

Seven…excellent point. I have signed up for the doves…it is great that there are so many things we, his fans, can be a part of to show our L.O.V.E. for our beloved Michael!!
    Thanks so much to all of you!!

29. moonsurace says:

Seven thank you so much I send my donation for this month already. I miss Michael so much will always love him…

30. Kim Douglass says:

Seven…Thanks for the Doves link….That is a beautiful idea. I just donated to that tribute. The out-pouring Love for Micheael is unbelievably amazing. He has blessed us with so much, I’m glad so many are showering him with Love.