In a small apartment, bathroom is usually smaller. However, frequency of use of bathroom is very high and there are many items, and if we do not decorate it properly, it will not only make bathroom narrow and depressing, but also cause us a lot of inconvenience in using it. .
▶How to decorate a small bathroom?▶What are skills for decorating a small bathroom?▶What are precautions for decorating a small bathroom? ▶What are some tips for decorating a small bathroom? Let's answer these questions and learn how to decorate a small bathroom!
First. Small bathroom decorating skills
1. Finishing a small bathroom with a separated toilet that occupies a small area. This saves space and money and is best choice for small bathrooms.
2. Do not use a washbasin pedestal. The washbasin is an integral part of bathroom. Try not to install sink on a pedestal in a small bathroom, because a washbasin on a pedestal looks good, but space underneath is hardly used. The washbasin can be designed as a cabinet, cabinet has a large storage space, and daily necessities are placed in cabinet, which is very clean.
3. In small interior of bathroom, a deep, but not wide bathtub is visible. Such a bath is easy to install, does not affect usability in any way, and most importantly saves space.
4. Make a hanging cabinet above the toilet. You can use this space as a hanging cabinet, and you can put toilet paper, detergent, feminine hygiene products, etc. in it.
5. Install a storage shelf on top of washbasin to decorate a small bathroom. You can look at a 10 cm wide shelf on wall above sink if you can accommodate dental cups, cosmetics and daily necessities.
6. Choose lamps to decorate a small bathroom. Bathroom fixtures can be waterproof daylight sconces or incandescent chandeliers to make up for lack of natural light.
7. Use color skillfully. In design of a small bathroom, you should also skillfully use color.
2. Precautions for decorating a small bathroom
1. Pay attention to ventilation
Humidity and odor in bathroom are relatively heavy, so no matter what kind of bathroom, you need to pay attention to its ventilation. To create a comfortable and healthy life in bathroom, moisture and odors must be quickly removed. Therefore, it is necessary to install air vents in a small bathroom to naturally replace air in room.
2: note division of space
First of all, it is necessary to carry out general design of division into dry and wet zones, and then sequentially arrange bathrooms in dry and wet zones. When it comes to separation of dry and wet in bathroom, we must talk about design of bathroom partition, here editor recommends that if bathroom area is small, it is more appropriate to use a soft partition or a composite one. chapter.
3. Pay attention to reasonable design
You should try to avoid overly bulky decorations, too much decoration will not add points to his aesthetic, but will look sloppy and make this small space even more depressing and cramped. In small bathrooms, design goal is usually to expand space.
3. Tips for decorating a small bathroom
1. Use materials effectively
Due to small area of the bathroom, we can use some materials with strong light transmission, such as glass, hollow partitions, etc., to visually expand space.
2. Level Up
In a small bathroom, you need to clearly divide functional areas used so that it can be used more conveniently and flexibly. There are many ways to separate functional areas, such as glass partitions, curtain partitions, etc., and partitions made of different materials have different effects.
3. Use color wisely
In design of a small bathroom, special attention is paid to combination of colors. Small bathrooms should not have too many bright colors, as too many bright colors can cause glare and visual fatigue.
4. Mini bathroom
Since bathroom space is limited, we must also pay attention to whether size is right when buying bathroom fixtures. If dimensions of plumbing are too large, they will not only take up space, but also make bathroom depressing.